Updated: Dec 17, 2019
Wedding Season has dawned and so the search and confusion to find the best Wedding Gift for the couple. Are you too looking for something special for the newlyweds? How many times have you looked at a Wedding Invite you received and started thinking about the Wedding Gifts? Probably that's the first thing you think, 'what gift should I give to the newly weds? '. Let me tell you you are not alone, we all go through this.
Traditional Indian Wedding Gifts are pretty common and you would agree (if not all), our Indian Culture is diverse and hence the Wedding Gifts has its own unique flavor. In the Editorial Post we have rounded up 10 Classic Wedding Gifts That Are Perfect and are sure to create delightful and inspirational experience. You surely need to bookmark this!!
** This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you, this helps run this blog **
The common wedding gift for most of the Indian Weddings is Cash (Money), also known as Sagan or Shagun, better done by placing money in a pretty envelope along with ones best wishes. And this range from INR251, INR501, INR1100, INR2100, so on. Some other common Wedding Gifts include and if you have had one wedding in your family you have sen these gifts, Pressure Cooker, Dinner Set, Wall Clocks, Lamps and Flower Bouquets. These are the common gift items and pretty much sum up typical wedding gifts that couples get stuck with.
Wedding Registry is a platform where, young couples getting hitched can curate & share their wedding registry list with the guests.
Off late some couples have started thinking seriously as to avoid wastage and following the Western Trends, Indian market can now see Wedding Registry - Smart, Waste-Free Weddings. Let me explain this a little more - Wedding Registry Websites have partnered with some great brands like - Amazon, Pepperfry, Homecentre, FabIndia, IGP and several other popular gifting stores. Now the couple selects either the products from these stores and create a wedding registry wishlist to share with the guests. And the guests can purchase the products for the couple. Bollywood Celebrities, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra too created their wedding registry. Be it a gift, cash or charity registry, you can for sure find lot of options to create a registry.
Well this is a great concept, since most of the Wedding Gifts in the traditional gifting, are never used by the couple, however we are still conservative and asking for gifts or cash might not be accepted well by all. Wedding Registry is a thoughtful concept indeed, it might take some time for Indian Market to fully accept it. If you are really interested in Wedding Registry, you may check these websites -
While you are still struggling with what to get for the Newlyweds, we have compiled the list for 10 Classic Wedding Gifts, you and surely the couple would love them.
1. Gift Of Travel makes a Luxurious and Gift With a Twist for the Newlyweds. Perfect for the couple who loves travelling. You can either choose or let the couple be the decision makers. PickYourTrail.com is an online platform that provides you with customizable and varied travel itineraries to pick from. Gift Of Travel is an excellent Wedding Gift which your loved one would truly appreciate considering the wonderful memories they create during the holiday.
Kitchen is considered as the center of the home. No matter what Kitchen Cookware & Essentials would always be on the Wedding Gift List.
For most part, working couple living in cities they need to plan ahead of their wedding, however sometimes one might miss taking this into consideration.
2. Kitchen Cookware - Le-Creust offers colourful Petite Stoneware Casseroles. Perfect for cooking and serving individual soups, stews, gratins, souffles and desserts.These durable enamelled cookware is elegant and stylish and makes a perfect Wedding Gift.
3. Serving Platters - Handcrafted Ceramic Serving Platters, Tea Sets, Cocktail Shakers & Salad Serving Sets make great wedding gifts that newly married couples would love to have.
Can be shopped @Caffeine Amazon Store
4. Wooden Serveware Set and Bowls and Boards are another great classic addition to the Wedding Gift List -
Shop @Mora Taara
5. Classic Barware - For you are looking a twist to the traditional gift items then look further than, Ek Do Dhai, a multi disciplinary design studio. What I really love about their collection is that it is unique, fun, fresh and quirky and as an illustrator I immediately fell in love with the creativity they have added to the products. You can find range of collection from Home Decor, Barware etc. Checkout the Ek Do Dhai Store on Amazon India.
Some other Online Stores where you can shop great Kitchen Cookware and Serveware are -
Ellementary - At Ellementry, beauty is a blend of form and function. Ellementary products are handcrafted and eco-friendly.
The Label Life - Buy kitchen essentials, glassware, bar accessories, drinkware & baking essentials online curated by Sussanne Khan. The products are really trendy and elegant as a Wedding Gift.
6. Home Furnishings and Linens, can make perfect and yet Luxurious Wedding Gift for the newlywed couple. From Quilts to Bedcover, Shams can be great for the newlyweds.
This Fern Scallop Quilted Bed Cover is great as Wedding Gift. You can shop @The Label Life
Wedding Frames and Photo Books make great wedding gifts. Wedding Frames bring back cherished memories into our lives.
7. Photo Frames - Pictures say a thousand words and Photo Book & Frames can be great as Wedding Gift, which allows newlyweds to treasure their memories for a lifetime.
For couple who love travel, Luggage Set is perfect Wedding Gift besides these can last a lifetime.
8. Luggage - Luggage Set can be the perfect Wedding Gift for the Couple who loves travelling. You can get great deals on Amazon and bunch of variety for the Luggage Sets.
Gift Cards give the recipient freedom to pick the products as per their taste.
9. Gift Cards - Choosing the right gift may not always be easy, and that's exactly why Gift Cards are a perfect choice. You can actually pick Gift Cards from varied options - Travel, Home Decor, Shopping etc.
Some of the Gift Card options to choose from -
a. Home Centre
10. Personalized Curated Gift Box - Lastly if you are looking for personalized curated gift boxes for your loved ones, then you should check out Voodh on Instagram.
They personalize varied themed Gift Boxes, you can connect them via Instagram, here.
Shop @The Style Salad
You may also like to check InBox - A Gift Design Studio, they have some really amazing curated boxes for different occasions.
With these classic gift ideas for wedding you can’t go wrong and though there are other gifts that you can consider however not many newlyweds prefer such as jewelry, and silver items. Give the couple something that they can cherish.
So which Wedding Gift are you going to pick for the NewlyWeds?
#WeddingGifts #ClassicWedding #IndinWedding #WeddingGiftGuide #CelebrityWedding #BollywoodFashion #BollywoodTrends #ThePopUpFeed #DelhiBloggers #Home&Living #MumbaiBloggers #DesiFashion #Infleuncer #ContentCreator #BeautyBlogger #CuratedBox #WeddingRegistry #HomeDecor